PURCHASES AND REFUNDS
To purchase your tickets on our website, choose one of the following payment methods:
- Credit card (American Express, MasterCard, Visa).
A service charge applies* to ticket purchases, at the following variable amount:
- Web purchase
The service is free of charge
- Call center purchase
EUR 20 per ticket purchased at the time of booking
EUR 30 per ticket purchased after booking
- Purchase from ticket desks managed by ITA SpA
EUR 10 per national ticket
EUR 25 per international ticket within the Schengen Area and Switzerland
EUR 35 per ticket for all other destinations
Refunds of the total or partial ticket price for flights canceled by the passenger are permitted in accordance with the conditions of carriage for the ticket bought. The conditions of carriage are shown during the booking and purchase process and on the ticket receipt. Airport and security taxes are always refundable for all fares. Refunds of tickets bought on ITA SpA.com, through the Customer Center and ITA SpA ticket desks must be requested by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. For tickets issued by travel agencies, the request should be sent to the agency.
For refunds of airport taxes and administrative charges related to tickets with a non-refundable fare, please write to email@example.com
HOW AND IN WHICH CASES TO INFORM ITA SPA OF FAILURE TO BOARD A FLIGHT
FOR DOMESTIC FLIGHTS
A request to maintain the validity of the ticket for subsequent flights if the outward flight is not used, for any reason, may be accepted only by sending the request to ITA SpA by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Within 24 hours of the departure time of the unused outward flight
- If the departure time of the return flight is within 24 hours of the outward flight, the Contact Center must be contacted at least two hours before the departure of this return flight.
The Contact Center will issue a new electronic ticket, for which you must check in on the website (if available) or at the airport.
If passengers do not inform ITA SpA as above, or do so after the deadlines indicated, when there are seats available on the flight, ITA SpA reserves the right to request payment of an amount equal to the difference between the price paid for the previously bought ticket and the higher price applicable to the amended itinerary at the time the ticket is reissued.
FOR INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS
A request to maintain the validity of the ticket for subsequent flights can be accepted for the following reasons:
- Illness that prevents flying, substantiated by an appropriate medical certificate from a hospital or equivalent in-patient or out-patient facility
- Death of a first-degree relative, spouse or partner, substantiated by a death certificate
- Fulfillment of obligations imposed by legal authorities or the police after the ticket was purchased, substantiated by a copy of the decisions made by these authorities
The occurrence of any of the above situations beyond your control must be communicated to ITA SpA at least 2 hours before the departure of the flight you cannot use, by writing to email@example.com