Dear customer, before proceeding we consider it appropriate to inform you that, at the moment, the Volare area, the registration, your personal area and the correspondence relating to participation in the program are only available in Italian and English. ITA Airways has already taken steps to ensure that the entire Volare program and the connected communication flow are made available as soon as possible in the language of your country.
Best fares available for one passenger
Settembre da 30 €
2-11 years old
Traveling with other passenger types?
Fly with ITA Airways from
and discover the wide range of advantages available to you
European style and Latin warmth. The Argentine capital is a melting-pot of different souls that have created a special atmosphere, all to be discovered: from the historic streets of San Telmo, with its evocative period houses, to the trendy neighborhoods of Palermo Hollywood and Palermo Soho; from the wood and sheet metal shacks of the popular neighborhood of La Boca to the refined elegance of the bourgeois villas of Recoleta; from the historic and institutional Plaza de Mayo, home of the Casa Rosada, to the ultramodern soul of Puerto Madero with futuristic skyscrapers and exclusive restaurants; from the persuasive milongas of tango to the splendid Teatro Colon with its operas.
With an ITA Airways flight from London to Buenos Aires you can discover a city of a thousand faces and unique charm. Here are some suggestions on things to do and see.
WHAT TO SEE IN BUENOS AIRES
- PLAZA DE MAYO. It is the cultural, historical and political center of Buenos Aires, named in memory of the revolution of 1810. It is here that the Casa Rosada, the seat of the Argentine government, is located, and it is here that all the political and social events that have characterized the country have taken place. Such as the movement of the Mothers, the women who protested against the dictatorship of Videla with a white handkerchief on their heads, demanding the return of their children, the ""disappeared"" prisoners of the regime. That symbolic white handkerchief is now depicted on the pavement of the square.
- COLON THEATRE. It is one of the most important theaters in the world for opera and ballet, known for its grandeur and extraordinary acoustics. Inaugurated in 1908 with Giuseppe Verdi's Aida, it is characterized by an eclectic architecture that blends elements of Rococo French with Italian style. The extraordinary frescoes on the ceiling are the work of the painter Marcel Jambon, restored by the Argentine Raúl Soldi following the deterioration.
- THE BOCA. It is the most famous popular neighborhood, thanks to the many photos that portray its colorful houses. Wooden and zinc buildings initially inhabited by European emigrants, mainly Italians, and built with waste material from the port dot the narrow Via del Caminito, which has become one of the most visited attractions by tourists. Inside the neighborhood, La Bombonera, the Boca Juniors stadium where a certain Diego Armando Maradona played.
- SAN TELMO. It is probably the most picturesque neighborhood in Buenos Aires, as well as one of the oldest. Among period houses, antique shops and art galleries, the main attraction is the famous flea market: the ideal place to find an original souvenir but also to discover the true Argentine soul, including improvised tango shows and traditional clothes.
- PUERTO MADERO. It's the modern part of Buenos Aires, chock-full of exclusive restaurants and clubs. In the background, futuristic skyscrapers contrast with the old harbour cranes left in historical memory. There are many points of interest in this area, from the Reserva Ecologica Costanera to relax away from city traffic to the Puente de la Mujer, the ultramodern pedestrian bridge designed by the archistar Santiago Calatrava.
WHEN TO GO TO BUENOS AIRES
Thanks to the mild climate, you can book a flight to Buenos Aires all year round. Perhaps the best season is spring, when the city offers many cultural events including parties, fashion shows and dance competitions. This is also the flowering period of the jacaranda, which tinges the avenues of the city purple giving a unique and special atmosphere.
Check our offers now and book your ITA Airways flight from London to Buenos Aires today!