USA and other destinations



In compliance with the Secure Flight Program*, promoted by the TSA (Transportation Security Administration), passengers traveling from/to or through the USA or flying over American airspace to reach other countries (e.g. Canada, Cuba and Mexico), when booking/issuing the ticket or, in any case, no later than 72 hours before departure, must provide the following personal data:


  • first name and surname (as stated in passport)
  • date of birth
  • sex


Passengers who fail to provide these details will not be allowed to travel.

Contact the Customer Center or ask your travel agency to include them when booking.

Passengers in possession of a Redress Number identification number should also communicate this information to the Call Center.


The ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) is an advance authorization for travel to/from or in transit in the United States that you should request for any stay of no more than 90 days, if you have already purchased a return ticket and if your country of nationality or birth is part of the Visa Waiver Program. In this case, you can travel without a visa, provided that your passport is:


  • machine readable issued or renewed before 10/26/05
  • with a digital photo issued or renewed between 10/26/05 and 10/25/06
  • electronically issued or renewed starting from 10/26/066


Each passenger, including children and infants, must have an individual passport.
Without this authorization, the US authorities will not allow you to board the flight.

Please complete the ESTA procedure online. There is a payment fee of USD 14, payable by credit card.



Citizens of countries that do not belong to the Visa Waiver Program or who are traveling to the USA for a period longer than 90 days must apply for a regular tourist visa at the American Embassy or Consulate.


Upon arrival in the United States, passengers must undergo a procedure that involves the collection of personal data by filing fingerprints or photographs at the immigration desk.

Check the eligibility of your documents by contacting the American consulate or visit the website of the U.S. EMBASSY