The "Seat Selection" is subject to change at the discretion of ITA Airways. The Terms and Conditions published on the ITA SpA.com website at the time of purchase of the "Seat Selection" service apply.
The offer of the service is subject to change at the discretion of ITA Airways . The Terms and Conditions published on the ITA SpA.com website at the time of purchase of the "Seat Selection" service apply.
- If the service is not requested by the passenger in the manner described below, the seat will be assigned free of charge by the Company based on availability and operational and safety criteria.
The service is offered for tickets purchased on the following channels:
- The ITA Airways.com website
- ITA Airways Customer Center and ticket offices
- Travel Agents
"Seat Selection" can be made after purchasing the ticket:
o during online check-in;
o by contacting the Customer Center of ITA Airways ;
o At the airport at the check-in desks and Fast Check-in stations if available;
o by your travel agent for tickets issued at the travel agency.
The "Seat selection" service is free of charge for:
- Passengers holding Economy class tickets with CLASSIC PLUS and FLEX fares;
- Corporate Card holders, by calling the Call Center or onthe website ITA SpA.com during online check-in;
- groups (at least ten passengers present in the same booking);
- any passenger traveling with a child aged 0 to 2 years (infant).
- Passengers with physical, cognitive and sensory disabilities and a companion.
If the fare class does not include free seat selection and the passenger decides not to proceed with the purchase, the system will automatically assign one free of charge at check-in, based on seat availability, operational and security needs. If the passenger does not fall within the cases for which the service is free, they can request to change their seat upon payment of the price for "Seat Selection" applicable at that time.
For adults traveling with children under the age of 12 under the same reservation, the allocation of seats close to the minor is guaranteed for at least one of the two parents or for the companion. Seat allocation is possible when purchasing a ticket through the ITA SpA Customer Center; for purchases made in a travel agency or online, seat allocation can be made:
1) during online check-in;
2) after purchasing the tickets, by contacting the ITA Airways Customer Center at the toll-free number 800 936090 from Italy and from abroad by sending an e-mail to BookingsChangesRefunds@itaspa.com .
In the event that online check-in fails to assign seats adjacent to the minor for at least one parent/companion, you can call the Customer Center for Italy at 800 936090, and from outside of Italy by sending an e-mail to BookingsChangesRefunds@itaspa.com or contact the check-in desks at the airport directly for assistance in allocating nearby seats.
Regardless of the free allocation of nearby seats for the minor and the parent/companion, if you would like to choose specific seats for greater comfort during your flight, you can always purchase the "Seat selection" service.
Passengers with physical, cognitive and sensory disabilities and a companion can pre-select seats at no cost by calling the number for Special Assistance, from Italy 800 936090, or from outside of Italy by sending an e-mail to BookingsChangesRefunds@itaspa.com, or the sales offices or at the airport (subject to availability). The companion's seat will be adjacent to the disabled passenger or at the airport (subject to availability). The companion's seat will be adjacent to the disabled passenger.
"Seat Selection", if selected, can be carried out for each passenger and for each flight segment. The price paid is not refundable or transferable to third parties.
If the payment for the "Seat selection" service is not made at the same time as the purchase or is not completed, the seat assignment will be canceled.
Payment for Seat Selection can be made with one of the following payment methods: Visa/MC/Amex.
The refund of the price paid may be requested, unless the passenger requests to use it on another flight, in the following cases:
- Disruption by the airline (e.g. flight cancellation) and in the case of passenger rerouting on a new flight, if there is no availability of seats with characteristics similar to the one purchased (e.g. for aircraft changes);
- Loss of connection for the flight on which the “Choice of seat” was purchased following a delay in a flight operated by ITA Airways;
- Technical problems with the seat itself;
- Seat reassignment before or after boarding by ITA Airways for operational or safety reasons:
- The client decides to purchase an Upgrade to a higher travel class.
A refund may also be requested at the same time as the request for reimbursement or modification of the ticket, in cases of cancellation of the flight due to illness/death (in both cases, cancellation due to illness/death must be proven by a valid certificate from the hospital or by death certificate):
- Of close relatives: spouse, children (including adoptive parents), parents, brothers/sisters, grandparents, grandchildren, in-laws and cousins; in this case it is necessary to demonstrate the degree of kinship with an appropriate certificate (family status or other issued by bodies in charge such as district or registry office);
- Of passengers, relatives or friends, present on the same PNR.
To request a refund, you can call the ITA Airways Customer Center
Any voluntary modification requested by the customer (for example: change of date, flight, route), will result in the loss of the “Seat Selection” service for the modified flight segment, without the possibility of requesting a refund.“Seat Selection” can be repurchased, if available, for the updated sections of the itinerary.
For the choice of a place located at the emergency exit specific requirements must be met.
In the absence of these requirements, the seat at the emergency exit cannot be confirmed. A new seat will be assigned at the airport or on board without the possibility of requesting a refund of the price paid for the "Seat Selection".
The passenger must:
- be 18 years or older;
- have the strength, full mobility and be able and willing to provide assistance for any rapid evacuation of the aircraft in an emergency;
- not use any drug that may affect the qualities described above pursuant to the applicable laws and regulations on safety;
- be able to understand the instructions in Italian or English for the operation of the emergency exit.
Furthermore, to comply with safety obligations, passengers cannot occupy seats located at the emergency exits if they:
- have reduced mobility;
- have visual or hearing impairments;
- are traveling with children or minors;
- have luggage positioned on the seat (cabin baggage);
- are clearly pregnant;
- are traveling with pets in the cabin;
- are seriously overweight (passengers with limited movements that could hinder access to the emergency exits, who need an additional belt on board).
For anything not expressly provided for in these Terms and Conditions, reference is made to the applicable provisions of the ITA Airways General Conditions of Transport published on the website: ITA SpA.com.