The "Seat Selection" service consists of the choice of your seat on board and is available for Economy Class passengers on flights operated by ITA Airways.
The service offer is subject to change at the discretion of ITA Airways. In any case, the Terms and Conditions published on the ITA Airways.com website apply when purchasing the "Seat Selection" service.
- If the service is not requested by the passenger in the manner described below, the seat will be assigned free of charge by the Airline based on availability and operational and safety criteria.
The service is offered for tickets purchased on the following channels:
- Ita-airways.com website
- ITA Airways Customer Center and ticket offices
- Travel Agents
"Seat Selection" can be carried out:
o In the booking phase;
o During online check-in;
o By contacting the Customer Center ITA Airways;
o At the airport at the check-in desks;
o By your travel agent for tickets issued at the travel agency.
The "Seat Selection" service is free of charge in some areas of the aircraft for:
- Passengers holding Economy class tickets with CLASSIC PLUS and FLEX fares;
- Any passenger traveling with a child below two years of age (infant).
- Any passenger traveling with a child aged 2 to 12 years old (child);
- Passengers with physical, cognitive and sensory disabilities and a companion:
- Passengers belonging to specific clubs of the Volare program
If the fare class does not include free seat selection and the passenger decides not to proceed with the purchase, the system will automatically assign one seat free of charge at check-in, based on seat availability and operational and security requirements. If the passenger does not fall within the cases for which the service is free, they can request to change their seat upon payment of the price for "Seat Selection" applicable at that time.
For adults traveling with children under the age of 12 under the same reservation, the allocation of seats close to the minor is guaranteed for at least one of the two parents or for a companion. Seat assignment is possible when purchasing a ticket via the Customer Center ITA Airways; for purchases made in a travel agency or online, seat allocation can be made:
1) During online check-in;
2) By contacting our Customer Center ITA Airways
In the event that online check-in fails to assign seats adjacent to the minor for at least one parent/companion, you can call the ITA Airways Customer Center for Italy, or contact the check-in desks at the airport directly for assistance in assigning nearby seats.
Regardless of the free allocation of nearby seats for the minor and the parent/companion, if you want to choose specific seats for greater comfort during your flight, you can still purchase the "Seat Selection" service.
Passengers with physical, cognitive and sensory disabilities and a companion can pre-select seats free of charge by calling the number for Special Assistance at the contact details found above or at the airport (subject to availability). The companion's seat will be adjacent to the disabled passenger.
"Seat Selection", if selected, can be carried out for each passenger and for each flight segment. The price paid is not refundable or transferable to third parties.
If the payment for the "Seat Selection" service is not made at the same time as the purchase or is not completed, the seat assignment will be canceled.
Payment for Seat Selection can be made with one of the following payment methods: Visa/MC/Amex.
Any voluntary modification requested by the customer (for example: change of date, flight, route), will result in the loss of the “Seat Selection” service for the modified flight segment, without the possibility to request a refund. “Seat Selection” can be repurchased, if available, for the updated sections of the itinerary.
It is possible to change your seat free of charge as long as it is of the same category or of a lower category (in this case there is no refund of any price difference).
In the event of a seat change for a higher category, payment of the difference is required.
A refund of the price paid may be requested, unless the passenger requests to use it on another flight, in the following cases:
- Disruption by the airline (e.g. flight cancellation) and in the case of passenger being rerouted on a new flight, if there is no availability of seats with characteristics similar to the one purchased (e.g. for aircraft changes);
- Loss of connection for the flight on which the “Seat Selection” was purchased following a delay in a flight operated by ITA Airways;
- Technical problems with the seat itself;
- Seat reassignment before or after boarding by ITA Airways for operational or safety reasons;
- The customer decides to accept the purchase of an Upgrade to a higher class.
If applicable, you can request a refund here
A refund may also be requested at the same time as the request for reimbursement or modification of the ticket, in cases of cancellation of the flight due to illness/death (in both cases, cancellation due to illness/death must be proven by a valid medical certificate or by a death certificate):
- Of close relatives: spouse, children (including adoptive parents), parents, brothers/sisters, grandparents, grandchildren, in-laws and cousins; in this case it is necessary to demonstrate the degree of kinship with an appropriate certificate (family status or other issued by bodies in charge such as district or registry office);
- Of passengers, relatives or friends, present on the same PNR.
To request a refund, please call the ITA Airways Customer Center.
For the choice of a seat located at the emergency exit specific requirements must be met.
If these requirements are not met, the seat at the emergency exit cannot be confirmed. A new seat will be assigned at the airport or on board without the possibility to request a refund of the price paid for the "Seat Selection".
The passenger must:
- Be 18 years or older;
- Have the strength, full mobility and be able and willing to provide assistance for any rapid evacuation of the aircraft in an emergency;
- Not use any drug that may affect the qualities described above pursuant to the applicable laws and regulations on safety;
- Be able to understand the instructions in Italian or English for the operation of the emergency exit.
Furthermore, to comply with safety obligations, passengers cannot occupy seats located at the emergency exits if they:
- Have reduced mobility;
- Have visual or hearing impairments;
- Are traveling with children or minors;
- Have luggage positioned on the seat (cabin baggage);
- Are clearly pregnant;
- Are traveling with pets in the cabin;
- Are severely overweight (passengers with limited movements that could hinder access to the emergency exits, who need an additional belt on board).
For anything not expressly provided for in these Terms and Conditions, reference is made to the applicable provisions of the ITA Airways General Conditions of Transport published on the website: Ita-airways.com