Best fares available for one passenger
Fly with ITA Airways from New York to Palermo and discover the wide range of advantages available to you
Book your ITA Airways flight from New York to Palermo today and discover the most authentic Sicily, between art, culture, fantastic dishes and old traditions.
Palermo is a fascinating city, rich in history, art and old popular traditions that survive today.
Book an ITA Airways flight from New York to Palermo and admire some of the best examples of Byzantine art, such as the Church of Martorana and the Cathedral of Monreale, discover the most popular soul of the city in the markets of Ballarò and Vucciria, delight your palate tasting the extraordinary typical dishes and relax in the sun in the Caribbean beach of Mondello.
WHAT TO SEE IN PALERMO
- - CATHEDRAL. It is the symbol of the city. From Christian church in the 600, it was transformed into a mosque in 800 by the Saracens and then converted in 1100 by the Normans.
- - QUATTRO CANTI. Another symbol of Palermo, this intersection between Via Maqueda and Via Vittorio Emanuele that sees Piazza Vigliena in the center is so called for the presence of four splendidly decorated baroque buildings at the four corners.
- - BALLARÒ AND VUCCIRIA MARKETS. Among the popular Sicilian markets that still retain the atmosphere of the past, the most famous are those of Ballarò and Vucciria, where colors and smells mix with the shouting of street vendors creating a suggestive atmosphere.
- - MONDELLO. It is the beach of Palermo, characterized by clear water and white sand. It is lined with a series of Art Nouveau buildings, as well as several bars and restaurants to have a quick lunch before diving back into the water.
- - MONREALE CATHEDRAL. It is one of the most valuable examples of Byzantine art in Italy. Inside there are over 130 mosaics depicting episodes from the Old Testament, the New Testament and the lives of the saints.
WHEN TO GO TO PALERMO
You can book your flight from New York to Palermo at any time of the year, thanks to the mild climate even in winter. The most heartfelt festival takes place in July: Santa Rosalia, with a triumphal chariot and the participation of the whole city.
Check out our offers and book your ITA Airways flight from New York to Palermo today!