The purchase of a ticket is subject to a sales service charge of the following variable amounts:
The sales service for purchases made on ita.airways.com is free of charge
Call Center purchases
€ 20 for a ticket purchased at the same time as the booking
€ 30 for a national ticket purchased after the booking is made
€ 30 for an international ticket purchased after the booking is made
Purchase from ticket offices managed directly by ITA Airways
€ 12 for a national ticket
€ 25 for an international ticket in the Schengen Area or Switzerland
€ 35 for a ticket for all other destinations
HOW AND IN WHICH CASES SHOULD YOU INFORM ITA AIRWAYS OF FAILURE TO BOARD A FLIGHT
For tickets purchased in Italy: in case of non-use, for any reason, of the outbound flight (or a leg of the outbound flight), the request to maintain the validity of the ticket for the return flight only can be accepted if previously communicated to ITA Airways according to the times specified below:
- within 24 hours after the departure time of the unused outbound flight;
- if the departure time of the return flight is within 24 hours of the outbound flight, the communication to the Contact Center must be received at least two hours before the departure of the aforementioned return flight.
The Contact Center will issue a new e-ticket for the modified itinerary for which you will need to check-in online (if available) or at the airport.
If the passenger does not make the aforementioned communication, or makes it after the time limit indicated, ITA Airways, where there is availability of seats on the return flight, reserves the right to request payment of an amount equal to the difference between the price paid for the previously purchased ticket and the price corresponding to the highest fare available in the same travel class/compartment, applicable to the changed itinerary at the time the ticket is reissued, unless the fare rules applicable to the original ticket are more favorable to the passenger.
HOW TO REQUEST THE CORRECTION OF NAME
It is possible to request the correction of the name on the ticket issued by calling the call center on the number 800 936090* and upon payment of a supplement of EUR 25.
The ticket is not transferable and the correction of the name is allowed only for changes attributable to the person holding the ticket and only for the following cases:
• Correction of the attribution MR/MRS
• Typing error (maximum three characters)
• Reversal between surname and first name
• Change of surname following marriage or divorce
• Change of legal name by decree or as a result of a change of sex
• Nickname to be replaced with full name
1. Original Last name/First name: BATTISTA GABRIELLE -> Corrected Last name/First name: BATTISTA GABRIELLA
2. Original Last name/First name: GRAZIA DEMELAS -> Corrected Last name/First name: DEMELAS GRAZIA
*Daily from 06:00 am to 12:00 pm