- BOOK AND MANAGE
ASSISTANCE AND SUPPORT
BOOK AND MANAGE
before proceeding we consider it appropriate to inform you that, at the moment, the Volare area, the registration, your personal area and the correspondence relating to participation in the program are only available in Italian and English.
ITA Airways has already taken steps to ensure that the entire Volare program and the connected communication flow are made available as soon as possible in the language of your country.
Best fares available for one passenger for a one-way flight.
Fly with ITA Airways from London to Cagliari and discover the wide range of advantages available to you
Azure waters, white rocks, lagoons, parks and beaches. Cagliari will enchant you with the beauty of its landscapes and picturesque views, not to mention the local craft shops and markets.
With an ITA Airways flight from London to Cagliari you will discover a city rich in history and tradition. Look down on the Mediterranean from the heights of the city's castle, while below you can see a maze of winding narrow streets, dotted with colourful houses. Founded by the Phoenicians, Cagliari was occupied by the Carthaginians and the Romans and fought over by the Pisans and Spanish. It is a mix of cultures that has left its mark in the city's buildings, churches, language and works of art. It is the perfect destination if you want to enjoy a relaxing vacation surrounded by the sea, nature and cultural routes. Here are a few things to do and see during a trip to Cagliari.
WHAT TO SEE IN CAGLIARI
- - CASTELLO QUARTER. The most famous historical neighbourhood in the city, the Castello quarter is situated on top of a hill, 100 metres above sea level. A citadel fortified with white walls and medieval towers, it was once the seat of civil, military and religious power. Inside its walls you can admire stately palaces such as the Palazzo Regio, the imposing medieval towers of the Torre del San Pancrazio and the Torre dell'Elefante, Cagliari Cathedral, the Bastion of Saint Remy and the Porta dei Leoni. If you're looking for an original souvenir, you will also find plenty of little antique and craft shops along its narrow paved streets.
- - POETTO BEACH. Eight kilometres of beach that stretch from the Sella del Diavolo promontory (also well worth a visit) to the seafront of Quartu Sant’Elena. Poetto is the most popular beach area among Cagliari residents. Thanks to its numerous well-equipped beach resorts, it is the perfect place to relax during the day, while its countless bars, pubs and clubs provide some great nightlife.
- - COSTA REI. The coastal area around Cagliari is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Sardinia. It occupies the south-east section of the island, from Capo Ferrato to Cala Sinzias. The most popular beach along the entire coastline is undoubtedly the Caribbean-like Costa Rei, widely considered one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Nearby you will also find some stunning bays, including Cala Sinzias, the immaculate Cala Pira and Piscina Rei, with its natural swimming pools.
- - MARINA QUARTER. Once inhabited by fishers and merchants, this district has kept its old sea town atmosphere, though it has now become one of the most popular areas among locals to take their evening stroll. It is the perfect place to go shopping among boutiques and small stores, while it is also full of restaurants where you can taste the traditional flavours of Cagliari cooking.
- - MOLENTARGIUS PARK. One of the most beautiful nature parks in Sardinia, Molentargius - Saline Regional Park is a 1,600-hectare oasis that features freshwater basins, saltwater basins and a sandy plain. The park forms a habitat for numerous animal and plant species, and is famous above all for its pink flamingos.
WHEN TO GO TO CAGLIARI
The capital of Sardinia has a Mediterranean climate, with mild winters and sun-drenched summers. The best time to book your ITA Airways flight from London to Cagliari is undoubtedly the summer, when you can enjoy the best of the sea and beaches. For an adventurous vacation among the natural beauties of the area, you could also organise your trip for the autumn or spring, when the flowering gardens will give you the chance to enjoy magnificent, picture-perfect landscapes.
Don't hesitate, check out our offers and book your ITA Airways flight from London to Cagliari today!