Passengers with an ITA Airways ticket (055) purchased abroad or in Italy who have had their flight cancelled.
If you have an ITA Airways ticket (055), purchased in Italy or abroad from 25 August 2021 with travel dates from 15 October 2021, for flights that:
- Have been canceled;
- Have been delayed for at least 5 hours;
Here are the available options:
- change of the reservation (rebooking or rerouting - or change of the itinerary to reach the original destination or return to the point of origin of the trip), within and not over the two weeks before or after the date of the cancelled flight and/or delay of at least 5 hours, on a flight suitable for the passenger.
To request a new reservation in the period following the 2 weeks from the date of the cancelled flight, a fare repricing could be applied if the same class as the original flight is not available. The new reservation can be requested within 1 month from the update of the flight schedule. Only one change is permitted.
- change of destination within 1 month from the update of the flight schedule. No credit is given if the new fare is lower.
The change of destination will be possible only:
- on DOMESTIC destinations, in case of DOMESTIC tickets;
- on INTERNATIONAL destinations, in case of INTERNATIONAL tickets
A fare repricing could be applied if the same class as the original flight is not available. Only one change is permitted.
- If the passenger is unable to travel or not interested in reaccommodating, a full refund, without penalty, of the ticket purchased or its residual value, may be requested.
The request will be accepted and defined as soon as possible, in accordance with Regulation EC261/2004.
Passengers can refer to the Travel Agency that issued the ticket.
For more information on your rights in case of flight cancellations click here.
Here you will find the list and contacts of the National bodies (NEB) responsible for the enforcement of the Regulation 261/2004. Passengers may lodge a complaint to report any infringements to the Regulation.