ITA Airways has joined the TSA PreCheck, trusted traveller program which allows its members to transit through security checks faster, easier and more efficiently at over 200 U.S. airports.
With the TSA PRECHK indicator on your boarding pass you may use the dedicated lanes at U.S. airports, in which you will not need to remove:
- light jackets
Furthermore, in your carry-on luggage, you will be able to leave in:
- 3-1-1 liquids
Children 12 years old and younger may accompany an adult with TSA PreCheck into the trusted traveller lane.
More information can be found on the TSA PreCheck website
WHO CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF TSA PreCheck BENEFITS?
- All members of TSA PreCheck or Global Entry
- Members of SENTRI who are U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents
- Members of NEXUS who are Canadian or U.S. citizens, or lawful permanent residents of the U.S.
- U.S. Armed Forces service members, including those serving in the U.S. Coast Guard, Reserves and National Guard
- If you have the TSA PRECHK indicator on your boarding pass
- Children 12 and under accompanying an adult with a TSA PRECHK boarding pass
IN WHICH U.S. AIRPORT SERVED BY ITA AIRWAYS IS TSA PreCheck AVAILABLE?
- Logan International Airport (BOS)
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Miami International Airport (MIA)
HOW CAN I BECOME A U.S. TRUSTED TRAVELER?
If you travel frequently in the United States, consider joining a trusted traveller program of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Eligibility is based on citizenship and other factors. To learn more about the four DHS trusted traveller programs, click here.
HOW DO I OBTAIN THE TSA PRECHK INDICATOR ON MY BOARDING PASS?
DHS trusted travellers are assigned a Known Traveller Number (KTN). To ensure the TSA PRECHK indicator is printed on your boarding pass, you will need to provide your KTN to:
- your travel agency before check-in.
- our call centre before check-in.
- or directly at the airport upon check-in.
If you are a TSA PreCheck member with a U.S. destination and have checked in online or via the ITA AIRWAYS APP, you will need to re-print your boarding pass at the airport check-in desks for the TSA PRECHK indicator to be visible.
If you are a TSA PreCheck member with a connecting flight in the United States, in the absence of a TSA PRECHK indicator on your boarding pass, you will need to re-print your boarding pass for the connection flight on arrival at the first U.S. airport.
If you are a TSA PreCheck passenger departing from the USA and have checked in online or via the ITA AIRWAYS APP, you will need to print your boarding pass with the TSA PRECHK indicator at the airport check-in desks.
For assistance with TSA PreCheck please contact:
- @AskTSA on Twitter - https://twitter.com/AskTSA - e Facebook Messenger Live https://www.facebook.com/AskTSA
9 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET weekdays; 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekends/holidays.
- TSA Contact Center – 1-866-289-9673
Automated information is available anytime in several languages.
Representatives are available 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. ET weekdays; 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. weekends/holidays.