Do you want to sit in the front row? Or would you like a window seat? Maybe you prefer a seat with more legroom next to the emergency exits?
Depending on the fare class of your ticket, this option is offered to you free of charge (for Economy Classic Plus and Flex fares) or for a small supplement (for Economy Light, Saver, Classic, Young and Military fares): choose your seat and fly the way you want! To secure the best seat once you have bought your ticket, proceed immediately with your choice and save money compared to purchasing your seat at the airport.
AUTOMATIC SEAT ASSIGNMENT
If your fare class does not include free seat selection and you decide not to purchase your preferred seat, the system will assign you one free of charge during check-in, based on availability and operational and security policies.
HOW CAN I PROCEED WITH THE SEAT SELECTION?
Once you have purchased your ticket, if the fare class does not provide for free seat selection, you can purchase your preferred seat in the following ways:
- At any time by calling the ITA Airways Customer Center
- Online at itaspa.com
- during online ticket purchase
- in the "My Flights" section (up to 48 hours before flight departure)
- during online check-in (48 hours prior to the departure of your flight and for flights to/from the USA 24 hours prior to the departure)
- at the airport, before the flight, at the check-in desks or at the self check-in stations where available.
WILL I BE ABLE TO TRAVEL FOR FREE ALONGSIDE MY FAMILY/FRIENDS?
The system of free allocation of seats, taking into account the availability of seats based on availability, operational and security policies, will try to seat all passengers included in the same booking next to each other.
For adults traveling with children under the age of 12 under the same reservation, the allocation of seats close to the minor is guaranteed for at least one of the two parents or for the companion. Seat allocation is possible when purchasing a ticket through the ITA Airways Customer Center; for purchases made in a travel agency or online, seat allocation can be made:
1) during online check-in;
2) after purchasing the tickets, by contacting the ITA Airways Customer Center at the toll-free number 800 936090 from Italy and from abroad by sending an e-mail to BookingsChangesRefunds@itaspa.com
In the event that online check-in fails to assign seats adjacent to the minor for at least one parent/companion, you can call the Customer Center for Italy at 800 936090, and from outside of Italy by sending an e-mail to BookingsChangesRefunds@itaspa.com, or contact the check-in desks at the airport directly for assistance in allocating nearby seats.
Regardless of the free allocation of nearby seats for the minor and the parent/companion, if you would like to choose specific seats for greater comfort during your flight, you can always purchase the "Seat selection" service.
PASSENGERS WITH PHYSICAL, COGNITIVE AND SENSORY DISABILITIES
Passengers with physical, cognitive and sensory disabilities and a companion can pre-select seats at no cost by calling the number for Special Assistance, from Italy 800 936090, or from outside of Italy by sending an e-mail to BookingsChangesRefunds@itaspa.com or at the airport (subject to availability). The companion's seat will be adjacent to the disabled passenger.
For full details, please read the Terms and Conditions for "Seat Selection"
Price per leg for seat selection in Economy Class
FARE CLASS LIGHT / SAVER / CLASSIC / YOUNG / MILITARY (price on the web and call-center)
FARE CLASS LIGHT / SAVER / CLASSIC / YOUNG / MILITARY (price at the airport)
|FARE CLASS CLASSIC PLUS / FLEX||FARE CONTINUITY SARDINIA (price on the web and call-center)||FARE CONTINUITY SARDINIA (price at the airport)|
|From / to Milan, Rome Verona, Bergamo to Olbia, Cagliari and Alghero*||starting from 9€||starting from 14€||Free||starting from 9€||starting from 14€|
|Rome - Linate and return||starting from 9€||starting from 14€||Free||-||-|
From/to Milan and Rome to North Italy**
|starting from 9€||starting from 14€||Free||-||-|
From/to Milan and Rome to South Italy*
|starting from 10€||starting from 15€||Free||-||-|
|Other domestic flights||starting from 9€||starting from 14€||Free||-||-|
Europe and North Africa (Algiers, Tunisia and Morocco)
|starting from 12€||starting from 17€||Free||-||-|
|Middle East (Israel and Egypt)||starting from 18€||starting from 23€||Free||-||-|
|Rest of the world||starting from 44€||starting from 54€||Free||-||-|
* from 15/05/2022
** North Italy: Bologna, Florence, Genoa, Turin, Venice, Verona and Trieste. South Italy: Naples, Bari, Brindisi, Lamezia Terme, Reggio Calabria, Catania, Palermo.
You can choose your seat for free, according to the following options:
- on ITA Airways .com during online check-in if you belong to one of the categories for which the new “Seat Selection” service is free;
- by calling the toll-free number 800 936090, up to three hours before your flight departure. This option is only available for those who have not yet completed web check-in; otherwise, the seat will be assigned to you free of charge by the system and you can only ask to change it at the reception desks in the airport, based on availability and indicating the ticket purchase date;
- at the reception desks in the airport, based on availability and indicating the ticket purchase date.
Absolutely not! If you do not select a seat, the system will assign it to you free of charge based on availability, and operational and safety criteria.
Of course! Simply you can do it during online check-in, directly at the airport at the check-in desks or by calling the ITA Airways Customer Center.
The price paid for the choice of seat is non-refundable following changes made to the booking (change of date, flight, itinerary or destination) or cancellation of the requested flight for reasons not attributable to the Company. You can accept the seat automatically assigned for the new flight or choose another one, paying the relevant fee.
I SELECTED MY SEAT BUT I THEN REQUESTED AN UPGRADE TO THE PREMIUM ECONOMY/BUSINESS CLASS. CAN I GET A REFUND?
Yes, in the event of upgrading to a Higher Class (Premium Economy and/or Business Class) you can request a refund
Yes, of course, but some requirements must be met, you must:
- be 18 years or older;
- be able to understand the Italian and/or English language;
- have full mobility and availability, in the event of an emergency, to provide assistance for any rapid evacuation of the aircraft.
To comply with the safety obligations imposed by the Italian Aeronautical Authority, passengers cannot occupy seats located on the emergency exits if they:
- have reduced mobility;
- have visual or hearing impairments;
- are traveling with children or minors;
- are clearly pregnant;
- are seriously overweight (passengers with limited movements that could hinder access to the emergency exits, who need an additional belt on board);
- are traveling with pets;
- who use drugs that can alter their psychophysical abilities.
Furthermore, hand luggage and all personal effects must be placed only in the overhead bins.
If you do not meet these requirements, you will not be able to use the seat in front of the emergency exits and you will be assigned a different seat. The price paid for seat selection will not be refunded.