Customer Service Plan (U.S. Flights) Italia Trasporto Aereo, S.p.A.
Last updated October 1, 2021
ITA adopts this Customer Service Plan, in accordance with U.S. Department of Transportation regulations at 14 C.F.R. § 259.5. This plan applies for scheduled flights to and from the United States.
- ITA will disclose on its website, at the ticket counter, or when a customer calls ITA’s reservation center to inquire about a fare or to make a reservation, that the lowest fare offered by ITA may be available from another ITA point of sale, if that is the case;
- ITA will notify consumers of known delays, cancellations, and diversions as required by 14 CFR 259.8;
- ITA commits to delivering baggage on time, including making every reasonable effort to return mishandled baggage within twenty-four hours, compensating passengers for reasonable expenses that result due to delay in delivery, as required by applicable international agreements for international flights, and reimbursing passengers for any fee charged to transport a bag if that bag is lost;
- ITA will allow reservations to be cancelled without penalty, for at least twenty-four hours after the reservation is made if the reservation is made one week or more prior to a flight's departure;
- ITA will provide prompt ticket refunds, when due, as required by DOT regulations for credit card purchases, and within 20 days after receiving a complete refund request for cash and check purchases. ITA will refund fees charged to a passenger for optional services that the passenger was unable to use due to an oversale situation or flight cancellation;
- ITA will properly accommodate passengers with disabilities, as required by 14 C.F.R. part 382, and other special-needs passengers as set forth in the carrier's policies and procedures, including during lengthy tarmac delays;
- ITA will meet customers' essential needs during lengthy tarmac delays as required by 14 C.F.R. § 259.4, and as provided for in ITA’s contingency plan for lengthy tarmac delays;
- ITA will handle “bumped” passengers with fairness and consistency in the case of oversales as required by 14 C.F.R. part 250 and as described in ITA’s policies and procedures for determining boarding priority;
- ITA discloses cancellation policies, frequent flyer rules, aircraft seating configuration, and lavatory availability on its website and upon request, from its telephone reservations staff;
- ITA will notify consumers in a timely manner of changes in their travel itineraries;
- ITA will respond to consumer complaints as required by DOT regulations; and
- ITA will identify the services it provides to mitigate passenger inconveniences resulting from flight cancellations and misconnections.