Dear customer, before proceeding we consider it appropriate to inform you that, at the moment, the Volare area, the registration, your personal area and the correspondence relating to participation in the program are only available in Italian and English. ITA Airways has already taken steps to ensure that the entire Volare program and the connected communication flow are made available as soon as possible in the language of your country.
Best fares available for one passenger
Settembre da 30 €
2-11 years old
Traveling with other passenger types?
Fly with ITA Airways from
and discover the wide range of advantages available to you
Unique, romantic, mysterious and poetic. A special jewel, Venice is one of the best loved cities by tourists from all over the world who are fascinated by its evocative views, and magical surreal atmosphere.
Book an ITA Airways flight from San Francisco to Venice to experience a dream holiday, visiting places such as St. Mark's Square and its extraordinary Basilica, the Rialto Bridge, the Bridge of Sighs and also the ancient Jewish ghetto, besides the picturesque islands of Murano and Burano. Not to mention its ancient, charming and unique Carnival, which alone is worth the price of the ticket. These are a few suggestions of what to see on a trip to Venice.
WHAT TO SEE IN VENICE
- ST. MARK'S SQUARE. Napoleon called it ""Europe's most beautiful living room"". It is one of the most fascinating squares in the world. Majestic and surrounded by architectural wonders, such as St. Mark's Basilica, the Doge's Palace, the Bell Tower and the Clock Tower, over the centuries it has been the meeting place of both scholars and aristocracy, who met in the historic cafés in the shade of the arcades to discuss politics, society and culture.
- THE GRAND CANAL AND ITS BRIDGES. This ""waterway"", which winds its way for 4 km within the city, is also an open-air gallery of beautiful palaces and famous bridges, which you can admire during a boat ride or by taking a ride on one of the characteristic gondolas. The most famous of the four bridges connecting the two banks of the canal is the Rialto Bridge, while the most recent one is the Constitution Bridge designed by architect Calatrava, which endows the city with a futuristic touch.
- THE BRIDGE OF SIGHS. Venice's other most famous bridge is the Bridge of Sighs, considered the most romantic place in the city. Made of Istrian stone and built in the Baroque style, the bridge was created to move prisoners from the magistrate's chambers to the prisons of the Venetian Republic. Tradition has it that the name refers to the last sigh of convicted prisoners admiring the beauty of the lagoon.
- THE GHETTO. The Jewish ghetto located in the Cannaregio district is the oldest in Europe. With its tall, narrow buildings, many synagogues and kosher restaurants, it is divided into gheto vechio, gheto novo and gheto novissimo. 'Ghetto' was actually the Jewish pronunciation of the word 'Geto', which in Venetian referred to the foundry used to build naval artillery. Despite its name, the gheto novo is the oldest area.
- BURANO. On your trip to Venice take some time to cross the lagoon and explore this picturesque island. The houses painted in a thousand different colours reflected by the water, the historical bell tower and the relaxed, dreamlike atmosphere converge to create a timeless location.
- MURANO. If you are looking for an original souvenir, visit this small archipelago of seven islands connected by bridges, a place of excellence for the production of glass objects. Step into one of the many artisan workshops for a close view of their ancient craftsmanship, and take home one of their beautiful creations.
WHEN TO VISIT VENICE
Every season is perfect for a visit to the lagoon city. Book your ITA Airways flight from San Francisco to Venice in spring to find the best weather for a boat ride to the islands of Murano, Burano and Torcello, while March is also the month of the Venetian New Year. However, the most important event is undoubtedly the Carnival of Venice, which is world famous, along with that of Rio. It is a festival of traditional, beautiful, mysterious masks roaming through the city, offering a unique emotional experience. There are more events to enjoy; indeed, July brings the feast of Christ the Redeemer, while September offers the prestigious Film Festival on the Lido.
Take a look at our offers and book your ITA Airways flight from San Francisco to Venice today!