MINORS AND BAGGAGE ALLOWANCES
Young travelers also have rules for baggage, which will depend on the type of ticket purchased and whether they have a pre-booked seat. Let's take a closer look.
INFANT (up to 23 months)
If the infant is traveling in the arms of the parent or guardian they can carry an additional bag of up to 10 kg, unless the child is traveling with the Light tariff. In case of the latter, the guardian is not permitted to carry any additional baggage, apart from a stroller and a small bag.
In the case the infant has a booked seat, as well as the allocated baggage allowance, the guardian is entitled to one piece of hand baggage (up to 8 kg) and checked-in baggage (up to 23 kg), unless the infant is travelling with the Light tariff; in this case, the guardian will only be able to carry one piece of hand baggage (up to 8 kg).
CHILD (from 2 to 11 years)
For children, the baggage allowance is the same as the one for infants travelling with a pre-booked seat.
Strollers. All your questions answered.
Strollers are an essential item that make a parent’s daily adventures so much easier. And, by following a few simple rules, you can even bring them on board your flight:
- You can only carry foldable strollers, which should be placed in a protective bag;
- All strollers should have a tag with your name, address and telephone number;
- For children up to 11 years of age, the transport of strollers is free of charge for all destinations and travel classes;
- A child’s bicycle trailer can be carried as additional baggage;
- Maternity bags are allowed in the cabin as a replacement for your hand luggage, as long as the dimensions are no greater than 115 cm in total (55x35x25), or as an additional bag, as long as the dimensions are no greater than 45x20x36.
For arrivals and connecting flights in Italian airports, you can:
- request to have your stroller placed under your seat or reclaim it at the gate (all accessories, such as hoods, bags, etc. must be removed);
- seats booked for young travelers will have the same weight, size and baggage allowance as an adult’s flight, plus a stroller (the same conditions apply to children from 2 to 11 years of age).