PERSONAL DEVICES FOR ONBOARD SAFETY AND COMFORT
Children’s travel devices, such as bedboxes, Flytot inflatables and CARES harnesses can be used onboard our flights.
If you intend to use any of these devices onboard, please tell our Call Centre staff at the time of booking or, in any case, before the flight so we can check availability.
Please note that:
- These devices can only be installed and used in Economy class and window seats;
- The use of these devices must not disturb other passengers;
- The use of these devices is not permitted during ground maneuvers, takeoff and landing.
Passengers using a CARES safety harness must tell the staff at the airport check-in and the cabin crew as soon as they have boarded the flight.
CARES harnesses must be fitted to the seat and used by the passenger in accordance with to the manufacture’s instructions. They must be flight-approved and carry the 'FAA approved' label, which will be verified by the cabin crew.
To ensure the correct function of the device, make sure the infant/child:
- is sat facing forwards, in a separate seat to the adult;
- is able to sit upright, without the need of support;
- is less than 100 cm tall;
- weighs between 10 kg (22 lb) and 20 kg (44 lb).
Passenger seats that can be used on board
The rules for using the harness onboard are as follows:
- the harness can only be used on a window seat;
- the harness cannot be used in Premium Class or Business Class;
- the harness must never be used in a seat that is next to an emergency exit.